The conference opening reception, meals, and registration will be held at the historic Memorial Union. Since opening its doors in 1928, the Memorial Union has become one of the most popular and well-recognized spots in Madison. The classic Italian-Renaissance style building sits on the banks of Lake Mendota and boasts a picturesque lakeside terrace with 600 colorful sunburst chairs – now a university icon. Among its many treasures, the building houses a 1,300 seat theater, restaurants and delis, a games room, a craft shop, and a German-style tavern.
Poster Sessions will be held at The Pyle Center – 702 Langdon Street.
Conference Services and the Wisconsin Union strive to promote green conferences and events and ask our conference guests to help us in those efforts.
Our efforts for greener meetings:
- 100% post-consumer content nametags
- Biodegradable nametag holders & recycling bin at conference headquarters
- Recycling bins located at all meals and on every floor of meeting site
- Water cambros at all meals vs bottled water (bring an extra water bottle to use!)
- Online mailings, communication, and promotion of conference events
- Surplus food donated to local food bank
- Airport shuttles to minimize car and taxi trips
- Reusable conference signage to direct conference participants
- Online registration & electronic registration information communication
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless Internet access is available to all conference participants. Upon check-in, each participant will receive a login and password which will grant access the meeting site secure wireless network. The network is available throughout the building, including the Union Theater and outside on the Lakefront Terrace.
In addition to a small computer terminal within the meeting site (1st floor), computer labs are located on either side of the meeting site (http://www.doit.wisc.edu/computerlabs/labs.asp). The computer labs are equipped for printing and copying.
The Hoofer Sailing Club at the Memorial Union offers various sailing packages during your time at the conference. Please visit the Hoofer website for more information.